Well, it’s been officially over a month since I last blogged a.k.a. major failure on my part. At this point, I should probably extrapolate on all the amazing things that have prevented me from posting sooner however, that’s not the case. It’s not to say that I haven’t done anything fun! For example:
- I performed my first wedding ceremony, which means I’m now fielding requests from all over the globe to reproduce my tear-jerking masterpiece.
- I decided to move out of my very awesome studio apartment into a two bedroom with my good friend George. I’m sure there will be more updates coming soon with the apartment search and the impending loss of being able to do absolutely anything that I want such as leaving dishes out for days, sleeping overnight on the couch and loud singing in the shower.
- I started looking for a part-time job in order to officially kick the beast I call student loans to the curb. On that note, if my Chicago friends know of any place hiring an inexperienced bartender, server, host or social media junkie, please send them my way.
- I finally ate at a slew of restaurants in my neighborhood that I’ve been dying to try since I moved to the wonderful street of Barry. They include the likes of Crisp, La Tacorea and of course the classic Domino’s (I’m not even going to link to that one because you should know what it is).
- I saw the Hunger Games, along with the rest of the world, and, unlike the rest of the world, thought it was just OK.
Those are the fun updates. Now for the just “meh” ones:
- I began running home from work. No, that doesn’t mean that I’m in a hurry to get home. It means that I physically jog the 4.7 miles home every day, except for when it’s cold. Or rainy. Or I don’t feel like it.
- I finished “Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson and “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy – reviews coming soon!
- My two year anniversary with Foursquare came and went on Monday with very minimal hoopla although I have wracked up SIX new badges since we last talked – air high five!
- I saw Mizzou basketball embark on one of its most exciting journeys only to watch it crash and burn quicker than you can yell M-I-Z. Needless to say, I didn’t watch a game or look at my bracket after that. Side note: how ’bout them Wildcat?!
- I started work on a new client, the one that’s probably branded on all the cleaning products under your sink. Don’t believe me? Go check and then get back to me.
I think that’s it! It’s crazy how you can sum up a month in 10 short bullet points. Don’t worry, there are plenty of stories coming your way that range from “I can’t believe that woman thought I could live here” to “this bar requires a photo on the application because they only hire ‘attractive’ people.” Exciting things happening in the life of Adam. Be sure to tune in for more!
PS: My new favorite website is What Should We Call Me a.k.a. the easiest way to put me in a good mood.